Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:17:33 -0400

    If you use the menus in Emacs to call a function and this function for
    example calls y-or-n-p then a popup dialog will be shown (if
    use-dialog-box is t). This dialog box can not be canceled, at least not
    on w32.

    I think this is a bug and that a third alternative for canceling should
    be added.

Normally you can type C-g in the Emacs window to quit out ofthe
dialog.  (I don't know whether this works on Windows.)  Nonetheless,
adding "Quit" as an alternative would not be a bad thing -- for all
platforms.

Would someone like to do that?