Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:10:48 -0400

> From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:22:48 +0200
>
> What does `display-mm-width' and `display-mm-height' return in _your_
> case with the patch applied?

I didn't apply it, since the current code returns very accurate
results.  I can try later, but I'm traveling now, so it won't be for
another week or so.

Btw, on a laptop I use to type this, running Windows XP SP1, both
functions return nil (meaning the information is unavailable).  What
is the possible reasons for this, and would your suggested change fix
them?

> I could do the next upload of a precompiled Emacs to alpha.gnu.org
> with the patch applied and ask people to compare output of that
> version with the prior one.

It's a good idea, but perhaps make a binary with both versions (under
slightly different names) to make such testing easier.

Thanks.