Re: cua-mode and the tutorial

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: cua-mode and the tutorial
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:18:18 -0400

    So I tried to give examples where of ways it _can_ be done, that would
    be non-trivial to remove (hoping that we could drop that idea and do
    more important work).

Those hypothetical examples are not real objections.

    In most cases, people who want to introduce someone to emacs may
    give the newbee a copy of their own .emacs to look at and use
    initially.  We neither can nor should try to control what people
    share in this way.

That is not what I proposed--it is a straw man.