Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:25:57 +0200

>     I just installed a change to always use the hollow cursor (which draws
>     inside the image border) for non-transparent images (with no mask).
>
> "Inside the image border" has two natural meanings:
>
> * Over the region that is the border
>
> * Over a region that is smaller than the border and which the border
> circumscribes.
>
> The former would be a no-op with border 0; the latter would not.
> Which one did you implement?

It is a 1-pixel hollow rectangle along the "outer edge" of the area
occupied by the "image glyph" (whether it has a border, relief, both
or none) -- just like the hollow cursor on any other glyph.

So if the image has a border, the hollow cursor is in the border --
otherwise it is in the image itself.