Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Copying preserves font-lock-face
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:41:37 -0400

    > However, in buffers where all faces are assigned "manually", perhaps
    > we should instead convert them to `face' properties.

    Such modes can probably manipulate yank-excluded-properties if
    necessary.  I don't know of any mode where getting rid of the
    font-lock-face would be wrong.

Text mode is one.  Basically, any mode where font lock really does
nothing at all.  Certainly with Enriched mode on, we would not want
any faces to be lost.

I will do it.