Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compilation problems with latest MSVC
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:15:39 +0200

> Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:05:54 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > How did you solve the problem with missing headers (windows.h and
> > probably the rest of Windows-specific ones)?
> >
> I'm not using the no-cost version, so everything comes prepackaged. From
> when I used the no-cost version in the past, there were several separate
> downloads needed, and figuring out which ones and how to configure the
> paths so the compiler can find everything was not an easy task, and
> completely undocumented. It sounds like you are missing the Win32
> Platform SDK.

No, I did install the Platform SDK (and tweaked the VS 2005 startup
script to invoke the SDK startup script, to set up INCLUDE and LIB
paths correctly).  But I wasn't sure about the correct order of the
paths (since there could be duplicate libraries/headers).  Also, the
Platform SDK had several versions since VS 2005 was released, and I
wasn't sure the last one that's available is compatible with VS 2005.

But since you've got the same crash with your prepackaged version, I
think my fears were unsubstantiated, and the crash is a real problem.