Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:06:03 +0000

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Then I am beginning to think that this might be a problem only on w32. On w32 we are not using image libraries that are available from MS Windows.

There are no Free libraries available from MS Windows to handle the image types that Emacs supports. And even if there were, it does not make sense to use a completely different set of image libraries on MS Windows than on other platforms.