Re: NT icons

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: NT icons
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:00:28 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> lwlib/lwlib-Xaw.c
>   copyright Chuck Thompson; but under GPL, so OK?

No, we would need an assignment.

> lwlib/*
>   should we:
>   1) ensure all files that were originally in the "Lucid Widget
>   Library" have 1992 Lucid copyright?
>   2) add or remove FSF copyrights to any files we have made non-trivial
>   changes to since 1992?

We have on file in copyright.list

    EMACS       Lucid, Inc.     1992-07-01
    Assigns changes to Emacs.

So it would seem that we have lwlib covered.  Would it be relevant
with regard to the copyrights that Lucid has ceased to exist?
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Inc.>

Apparently the Lucid-Emacs related product "Energize" went to Tartan
(now a subsidiary of TI).

It is my guess that we should be fine with tracking the copyright and
ownership situation at the time we got both code and assignment.  But
I certainly am no lawyer.