Re: NT icons

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: NT icons
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 03:21:51 -0500

Chong Yidong wrote:

> In that case, what is the situation for the remaining items?

Some unofficial comments from my perspective.

> etc/gnus-logo.eps, gnus-booklet.ps, gnus-refcard.ps
>  just to be safe, papers are on the way for the "Gnus logo", even
>  though it is very similar to the already-assigned "Emacs logo".

I don't imagine this will be a release blocker.

> etc/emacs.csh
>   does rms want simple license restored for this?

now fixed.

> etc/ms-kermit - no copyright, but ms-7bkermit has one

don't know

> etc/TUTORIAL* (translations)
>   switch to GPL (see english TUTORIAL)
>   rms: "We can leave the TUTORIAL translations alone until their
>   maintainers update them."

I don't imagine (?) this will be a release blocker, but translators, if
you are reading this, feel free to fix!

> lib-src/etags.c - no 'k.* arnold' in copyright.list'
[..]
> lwlib/*
[...]
> oldXMenu/

We asked Matt Norwood of the Software Freedom Law Center about these
this weekend. I imagine that when he responds (and he was pretty quick
on other issues) that we will be able to clear these up in short
order.

So I think we can be positive, but that's just my guess.