Re: NT icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NT icons
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:23:43 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:36:38 -0500
> Cc: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
> > Not clear to me which icons it applies to, and they already got
> > deleted anyway.
>
> On reflection, I'm pretty sure it applies to all the nt/icons/gnu*
> files. The relevant ChangeLog entry is:
>
> 1999-01-22  Geoff Voelker  <address@hidden>
>    * icons: New directory with Davenport's icons.

That should teach us a lesson not to delete anything without a good
faith effort to prove that it doesn't have valid copyright
assignment.  Richard didn't just start being pedantic about
copyrights; we always checked files' assignments before a major
release.  So I cannot believe we have any old files in the
distribution that we cannot distribute.  We may have lost our memory,
but the files are kosher.

I suggest to undelete those icon files.  People worked on them to make
Emacs better; let's not discourage them by throwing away their work.