RE: next-error-highlight = t - highlighting doesn't stayuntilyoumoveto t

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: next-error-highlight = t - highlighting doesn't stayuntilyoumoveto the next locus
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:10:05 -0700

>     >> implementing the behavior of "until next time" as another
>     >> option, and assigning two values for `next-error-highlight'
>     >> to stand for the two?
>
>     That can probably wait till after the release; it is,
>     after all, a new feature.
>
> I would call it a bug fix, since the code does not match the
> documentation.  However, most people seem to prefer the current
> behavior.  So I agree that changing the doc is a good fix
> for the bug.
>
> Would someone please do that?

Is the intention nevertheless to fix this as you suggested after the
release? That is, will a value be provided after the release to allow the
highlighting to stay until the next `next-error'? Or are you considering
that making the doc fit the current implementation is an adequate fix for
the bug?

Just asking for clarification. If there is no intention to fix this as I
requested, then I'll try to update my own highlighting code from Emacs 20 to
fit Emacs 22 also. If this will be available in Emacs 22 sometime after the
release, then I won't bother.