Re: Change in process.c

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: Change in process.c
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:57:28 -0700

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

Richard> What was the reason for moving the first sleep before the first wait3
Richard> call?  It looks like that will force a one-second delay even
Richard> in cases where it would succeed straightaway.

Richard> Using usleep would reduce that problem to an acceptable level,
Richard> but I am not sure all systems have usleep.  So it is risky
Richard> to make that change.

Richard> What's the issue here?

And some recent change (perhaps two or three weeks ago) has made the *first*
child process (after starting emacs) on OSX always fail.  I've learned to work
around it, so I forgot to report it.  But the first of anything (M-!, M-x
shell, etc) just does... nothing.  No error.  But it's a total throw away.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>