Re: modify-syntax-entry and UTF8?

From: Geoffrey Alan Washburn
Subject: Re: modify-syntax-entry and UTF8?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:04:53 -0400

James Cloos wrote:
"Geoffrey" == Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden> writes:
I was just trying this out, and was seeing cases where only one of the
angle brackets (for both the U+27E8/U+27E9 and U+2329/U+232A pairs).

After some trial and error, I narrowed it down to instances where there
were only whitespace between the open and close angle brackets when the
buffer was in Lisp Interaction mode (ie the *scratch* buffer).

Either Lisp Interaction has some syntax rules which intentionally limit
highlighting when only whitespace separates the delimiters or something
is triggering a display bug in that situation.

        So should I file a bug report on this then?

The partial highlighting in Lisp Interaction mode when only whitespace
separates the delimiters does not happen with parentheses or brackets;
and no highlighting occurs with braces.

I have:

  (set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (set-default-coding-systems 'utf-8)

in my ~/.emacs and run with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=C LC_TIME=C.

I have LANG and LC_CTYPE set to en_US.UTF-8, but I do not have LC_COLLATE or LC_TIME set.