Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:33:28 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> For what it's worth, I've already mentioned to Richard that I'm interested
> in taking over maintainership, and am also willing to share it with others.

I think Stefan would make a good maintainer.

Kim's idea of splitting the task into "technical / release / chair"
roles, and his suggestion of Handa, Chong, and Stefan for those roles
also seems reasonable.

[Kenichi seems concerned about the time overhead, but I'm guessing that
in practice he could concentrate on those areas related to the unicode
transition and font machinery, and Stefan could handle other areas.]

-miles

--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]