Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 02:28:35 +0300

> Is there a reason for the About Emacs menu item to give usage help?

No reason really.  All programs I know don't put usage help on the
About screen.  Usage help is available from other Help menu items.

> If so, I think it should be IDENTICAL to the startup buffer.
>
> If not, then we could delete the help from About Emacs and focus on
> history, developer and license information.

I agree.  Most programs have About screens with information like
program version, its short description, license (on a separate page),
credits (usually displayed as a scrolling list like in the movies),
history, and so on.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/