Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:46:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Does anyone here agree that *several* echo-area messages, persistently
> displayed one by one at a small time interval, would catch beginners
> attention more efficiently than the current static buffer solution ?

Hmm, perhaps you have a point.  When I think about that, I think of Burma
Shave:

Emacs is GNU
Emacs is free
Type f1 C-a
And you will see

But the idea is sound: perhaps for some 30 seconds or so the echo area
should default (as in after every keystroke) not to blank but to a message
of Richard's choosing.  This would probably be easy to implement at the C
level of clearing the echo area.

Davis

shipping.