RE: Toolbar mode on/off

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Toolbar mode on/off
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:34:42 -0700

>     at the current point of time, enabling the toolbar and disabling it
>     again is not a noop, but rather causes shrinking.
>
> That seems like bug, if it happens.

I agree.

>     That's ugly.  On the other side, Emacs should not increase
>     its frame size beyond the given initial frame size.
>
> I don't agree.  If the initial frame size was specified in lines,
> and the toolbar was off, turning it on should increase the frame size.

I don't think it should increase its size, and I don't think it should have
anything to do with the _initial_ frame.

The behavior I see in Emacs 22.1 (on Windows) is correct: there is no frame
resizing and no font resizing when you show/hide the tool bar. And the
initial frame has nothing to do with it. When I show/hide the tool bar, the
number of displayed lines decreases/increases. That's all.