Re: carbon build hangs on startup

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: carbon build hangs on startup
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 08:05:51 -0700

Dan> The Carbon port on CVS trunk has been abandoned by its maintainers and
Dan> it is known to be broken.  If you don't intend to work on fixing it,
Dan> it is better to avoid it. The X11 port should still work ...

For some meaning of "work".  I don't fire up X11 on my mac more than once
every month or two.  But I use Carbon Emacs every day... it's essential in my
workflow.

What kind of skills are needed to make Carbon Emacs "work" again?  Maybe I can
go to the OSX mailing lists and plea for someone to pick up the cause.  But I
need to know what skills a person will need.  Can someone at least outline
that?

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>