Re: Improving X selection?

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:08:24 +0200

* Jan Djärv:
>  Jeremy Maitin-Shepard skrev:
>
> > I'd like there to be some convenient way to paste either the PRIMARY
> > selection or the CLIPBOARD selection using only keyboard commands.
>
>  A separate key command to paste CLIPBOARD in addition to C-y (that
>  pastes PRIMARY)?

Please ignore this if it's already been hammered to death, but what about
using C-Insert/Shift-Insert for the clipboard?

I've been using this for years, and find it easy to remember since they are
already used for copy and paste.  They are less convenient to type than M-w
and C-y, which is fine since I copy to the clipboard far less often then I
move text around in Emacs itself.

-- René
(global-set-key [(shift insert)] 'clipboard-yank)
(global-set-key [(control insert)] 'clipboard-kill-ring-save))