Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:02:47 -0400

    I'm not completely sure, but the docs lead me to the impression that I
    can set `revert-buffer-function' in doc-view buffers to the function
    that reconverts a file.  In that function I could check for currently
    running processes and revert/reconvert only if no process is already
    running.

Is the conversion done asynchronously?  If so, then yes you could
easily check this way.  I think the right action is to kill the
existing process and start a new one, because that's what the user
asked for.

You could also indicate in the mode line that the process is running.