Re: recent changes to org files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: recent changes to org files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:18:09 +0200

On Oct 23, 2007, at 2:57 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

When you install changes to org files, will you please look at the actual
diffs before you do so, and only apply the bits that make sense?

Hmm... I'm just installing what the author distributes.  It was never
mentioned to me that the Emacs developers might be making changes directly to
his files without exporting those changes back to his own sources.

Perhaps it would be better if I left it to the author to merge any Emacs CVS changes into his code and then check them in directly, rather than posting the contents of his new releases verbatim to CVS. What do you think, Carsten?

To me the rule goes as follows: I only install patches, not files.
That usually takes core of those problems: if the author's version disagrees
with the CVS version I get a conflict when I try to apply the patch.

OK, obviously I have a version of org-export-latex in my distribution that still has the old copyright. Will fix this. Sorry for all the trouble. Thanks to John for trying to take this off my shoulders.

I will try to do this again myself in the future - which means that the Emacs version will lag behind. We have something like a 2 week release schedule, synching up with Emacs is extra work for me, and with the next release a year (?) away, I am not sure it is very useful to spend the time.

Again, thanks and sorry, to whom it may apply.

- Carsten