Re: recent changes to org files

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: recent changes to org files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:11:33 +0200

On 10/23/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> But replacing, for example `next-line' by `forward-line' in an
> outline-like mode
> is a bug, and such changes should be run by the maintainer who knows the
> code well.

I think it is safe to assume whomever did that change didn't know it
was a bug... :) Surely he though it was a simple fix for a simple
problem.

> Things like this have happened to me in the past, again
> recently.
> I don't have the time to spend my days on emacs-devel, my energy goes
> into
> making org-mode as good as I can.

There's a difference between spending your days on emacs-devel, and
spending a bit of time tracking changes to Org in the Emacs CVS. I'm
not saying that you should do it (it's your time, not mine), but if
you don't, then don't be surprised if sometimes problems like this one
happen, and don't blame just the committer.

> If I would follow Stefan' advice and only check in diffs, the `next-
> line' code would
> be broken now.

Surely you're not saying that Stefan spoke *against* fixing bugs in
the CVS, are you?

             Juanma