Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:42:24 -0500

    I'd suggest the following timetable.

    1. Start the 22.2 pretest (hopefully a short pretest cycle).
    2. Release 22.2 without getting distracted by more merges.
    3. Merge unicode-2 to the trunk (I think it is ready now, so immediately
    after 22.2 release would be good).
    4. Merge Cocoa port (if 22.2 pretest starts taking a long time though,
    it might be better to merge to unicode-2 earlier).
    5. Enable new font-backend by default.
    6. Remove the old font code (which unless someone implements a backend
    for Carbon, implies the end of the Carbon port)

It's not a timetable, but I don't think we need a timetable,
just a plan.

It's a good plan.