Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:25:49 +0100

Nick Roberts wrote:
 > > I usually don't have an internet connection, so I could not possibly
 > > use the methods you recommend.  I cannot communicate with people by
 > > IRC.  I cannot get information from a web interface.
> > Er...perhaps you should fix these problems, rather than allowing them
 > to limit and damage Emacs and every other project you are involved in.

I don't think Richard perceives it as a problem.  After a long thread about
using a bug tracker, we still use a file called FOR-RELEASE; seven months
after 22.1 was released, there has been no bugfix 22.2 release; and after
five and a half years on a branch, Unicode Emacs is still on a branch.

This is how Emacs development works.  As they say, you can lead a horse to
water but you can't make it drink.

What was the problem with choosing a bug tracking system? Aren't there any systems where you can commit changes and do other things with bug track records just as you do for source code?