Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:15:08 +0900

Tom Tromey writes:

 > For interactive elisp hacking I redefine eval-last-sexp to treat a
 > defvar more like a defconst.  This is pretty handy since it means I
 > don't have to modify the source or copy/paste/modify sexps in order to
 > do what I (usually) want.

XEmacs's eval-last-sexp also does this (by default) and issues a
warning that the defvar has been treated as a defconst.

As a possibly useful data point, I do not recall seeing a complaint
about this (I've been following the XEmacs developer's list
religiouusly and the newsgroup intermittently since 1997).