Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 03:41:04 -0800

Hello,

I think it is a good idea to change the default key-binding of C-x C-e to
eval-defun. From a reading of the Elisp
Intro I became used to using the usual binding which is eval-last-sexp. Things
worked fine until I progressed
in elisp to where I wanted to use defvar. As the informed have probably
surmised I was baffled by the results
because repeated evaluation did not affect the default value.

While reading through the manuals I stumbled across eval-defun and realized
what was going on. AFAICT they
are effectively the same in use, however eval-defun does not have suprising
corner cases like defvar default
values.

FWIW it may help others to change this binding.