Re: Bug trackers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug trackers
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:30:51 -0500

    It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to set up an instance of debbugs
    to allow testing to see if it will work for emacs development. I also
    wouldn't mind making changes as required to make it fit in better with
    the emacs development model[1] (as debbugs is rather Debian specific
    now.)

Thank you.  Please do that; it will be very useful for us.

I expect that any changes which make it more useful for us
will also make it more useful for other programs whose developers
talk a lot by email.

    1: I don't really know how you all develop emacs, so I would need
    significant input on what changes were needed.

I don't have a vocabulary to describe different "ways" to
develop a program, so I would not know how to answer.
Maybe someone else knows how to answer you more usefully.
But I think that if you subscribe to emacs-devel for a week
you'll more or less know the answer.