Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:21:17 +0100

> > I agree, and this has happened to at least two colleagues, people I
> > know would have liked Emacs if they just had hung in there a little
> > longer.
>
> How do you know that?

I have talked to them about it, but of course I cannot be sure, they
might be lying to me.

> People that give up easily will not work with complex software of any
> kind, anyway.

"How do you know that?" Do you know my colleagues? Do you know what
they work with, what tools they use? Sigh...

> We need to focus on our target clientele rather than
> bothering to keep some people a few minutes longer.

What is our target audience then? They were my target audience,
apparently. When I find nice functions in program X or Y it pains me
when I see people crawling around in the mud with notepad.exe or
whatever and I want them to see the light as well. Maybe that is my
problem, that I want to help people...