Re: Honoring traditional defaults

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Honoring traditional defaults
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:17:18 +0900

Sascha Wilde writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 > > On the other hand, the "everything I need to know about Emacs I
 > > learned in kindergarten" crowd *should* have a "revert to tradition"
 > > customization available.
 >
 > While I actually had fun reading your mail I think your "solution"
 > points in the wrong direction.  It seems you are assuming the problem is
 > about a bunch of old farts not willing to change there overcome habits.

No.  What I'm trying to address is that it is harder to implement a
custom theme engine than it is to implement `revert-to-tradition'.

Note that the idea of a custom theme is at least a decade old with
(rotten13 "Full Ack") success to show.  My idea is simple enough that
in the few hours since I posted it it has already been implemented,
and I'm willing to bet (not having looked at it) that even I will
consider it a pretty faithful implementation. ;-)