Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: paul r
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:10:26 +0100

2008/3/25, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:

> Having a tabs feature for switching buffers should not mean altering
>  C-x b.  Those are two different interfaces, and adding one does NOT
>  imply changing the other!

Sorry, that's not what I meant.
What I meant is that tabs are only a graphical representation of the
list of privileged buffers for a specific window, right ? So the first
part would be to maintain a window-local (or view-local, or
perspective local, or subframe-local) list of privileged buffers. Then
could come a command to switch buffer that would prompt for a buffer
in this local list. Then could come a graphical representation of this
list, under the form of tabs. Is that right or do I misunderstand what
we are talking about ?