Re: vc-directory breakage

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: vc-directory breakage
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 15:09:25 -0700

 There is not much I could say about gastroenteritis that would be
 ontopic in emacs-devel.

I hesitated thrice before replying to this threatening-to-be-distracting "joke"
thread and still found myself feeling it couldn't hurt:

In a pandemic, we could well find many programmers decommissioned
and, concurrently, a need to improvise novel, powerful, user-facing
computer applications to help society hold things together.

In such circumstance, Emacs has much to offer.   It is modest in
its requirements of the software stack below it.   It has an implementation
that, at core, one or a very few programmers can maintain and extend.
It affords its users a programming environment with a rich improvisational
capacity, even if the resulting applications are "crude" by today's most popular
UI / look-and-feel expectations.

It is very valuable and rare that way so one thing to keep in mind as I.D.E. support
is added is to K.I.S.S.

-t