Re: vc-directory breakage

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: vc-directory breakage
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:36:31 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > To my knowledge, VC is not in a broken state now.  Stefan fixed one of
  > the blocker bugs yesterday, probably while I was flat on my back and
  > hooked up to a heart monitor, and I got the other one this morning.

There still are some issues. This:

(defun vc-generic-status-printer (fileentry)
  (let* ((file (vc-dir-fileinfo->name fileentry))
         (backend (vc-responsible-backend file)))
    (vc-call-backend backend 'status-printer fileentry)))

is not quite right.
(vc-dir-fileinfo->name fileentry) is not an absolute file name, doing
vc-responsible-backend on that is not going to work.

Also please put the backend in a buffer-local variable in the vc-dir
buffer, that way all the vc-responsible-backend calls in vc-generic-* can be
eliminated.
With that change this code will work.
It does not work right now for at least hg, git and svn.