Re: Bazaar and savannah don't like each other

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Re: Bazaar and savannah don't like each other
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:11:58 +0300

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>>     $ bzr get http://arch.savannah.gnu.org/archives/emacs/bzr/emacs.app/
>>     bzr: ERROR: Transport error: Server refuses to fullfil the request
>>     $ bzr --version
>>     Bazaar (bzr) 1.5
>
> I thought it had been resolved in bzr-1.4 or thereabout, but it appears
> this is not the case (or maybe it's a new problem).  Can we figure out
> whose fault it is and/or who's going to adapt so that the two can
> work together?
>

>        Stefan
>

> PS: Of course, when I try it, the above works fine (tho very slow).

This is getting really silly btw, just because bzr is a GNU project
doesn't mean Emacs have to use it though its slow and well doesn't
even work with GNU's own Savannah! GIT is Free Software too and its
just way faster than bzr. We really have to stop being political about
this and use the best _free software_ technology available today which
is GIT for distributed development.

Sorry for the rant but I am fed up with this, on my 2GB RAM laptop bzr
goes out of memory when cloning emacs.app repo thats just insane.

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.