Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 01:05:11 +0300

> Ah!!!  Now I remembered that I wrote a experimental code in
> a little bit tricky way.  I dig out the attached mail.  But,
> I completely forgot about it because there was no response
> at that time.

Hmm, I somehow missed this thread.  I see now your questions:

> What kind of user interface should be provided for
> activating and deactivating multiple input methods?

I think a good interface is to use `completing-read-multiple' in C-\
to read multiple input methods in a way similar to reading multiple
faces in `read-face-name'.

> What to do for C-h C-\?

This could describe all active input methods.

> What to show in the modeline?

All codes of active input methods separated by some character
like a comma.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/