Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:18:06 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> activate-preposition-input-method -> activate-additional-input-method
> inactivate-preposition-input-method -> inactivate-additional-input-method
> local-input-method-list -> current-additional-input-method-list

Those names seem to have rather different implications though...

`activate-additional-input-method' makes it sound vaguely like the new
input method will somehow be "equal" to the existing input method,
whereas kenichi's name somewhat implies otherwise, that the new input
method being activated is somehow "special" (and I think also suggests
that it will be "subsidiary" to any main input method).

Which of those is true?

-Miles

--
You can hack anything you want, with TECO and DDT.