Re: visual-line-mode

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:39:07 -0400

On 9 Jul 2008, at 23:05, Chong Yidong wrote:

The patch is rather long, but it's on cvsweb:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/src/xdisp.c?root=emacs&r1=1.1227&r2=1.1228
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/src/xdisp.c?root=emacs&r1=1.1229&r2=1.1230

OK, with this patch, my previous issues are still present:

> There's also a problem with posn-x-y, which returns a position too far when given coordinates that are to the right of a word-wrapped line (i.e. in the blank space). > This can also be seen if you just click into that space (mouse-set-point).

Also, I'd appreciate some assistance from somebody with this:

> I'm not sure about "fields", perhaps because I don't know much about their implementation. Can you point me to a test case? Customize buffers perhaps?

Incidentally: how would one turn on word-wrap for the echo area?
Word wrapping for `message' would be very useful. (It could even the default.)

The latest version of visual-line.el can be found here:

http://aquamacs.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/aquamacs/aquamacs/src/site-lisp/visual-line.el