Re: visual-line-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:23:07 -0400

> BTW, while C-n and C-p work great with Stefan's patch (with both fixed-
> and variable-pitch fonts), C-a and C-e act oddly (though they actually
> do act somewhat differently when line-move-visual is t).

Indeed, my patch does not update C-a and C-e.  Not sure what you mean by
"oddly", tho.  I've been using my patch ever since I posted it and
haven't noticed anything strange with it.

        Stefan

PS: My patch is just a proof of concept.  It has a few bugs.  One of
them can be seen when you set truncate-lines, in which case it doesn't
preserve columns correctly (basically, its temporary-goal-column ends
up being computed from the beginning of the displayed part of the line,
so as long as hscroll is not changed, it works OK but as soon as
hscroll is modified, the result is incorrect).