Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:24:16 -0400

    > I see no reason to think such an effect exists.  Meanwhile, people
    > have told me that the fact that Emacs runs on Windows undercut their
    > ability to insist on running GNU/Linux at work.
    >
    > Without some sort of demonstration I decline to believe that this
    > helps us.

    Why do you believe the former claims more than you believe the latter?

Because those people were telling me about what had happened to them
personally.  So far nobody has reported seeing that supporting Emacs
on Windows helps us; it is just speculation.

    Let those who claim the former "demonstrate" it first.

I think their testimony is sufficient proof that it happened to them.

However, I do not know how often this happens.