Re: Release update

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Release update
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:30:41 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:32:53 -0500
>
> A quick note about the release.  Currently, the main thing we are
> waiting for before we can begin the pretest is a copyright assignment
> from one of the previous contributors to the Nextstep port (he seems to
> have gone incommunicado, but we are trying to get back in contact with
> him).

What about proofreading the documentation?  The manuals update
according to NEWS is almost done (see below), but I'm quite sure that
some changes are not in there, and that some of the docs is outdated.
Without proofreading all the 3 manuals in their entirety, I don't see
how we can ensure these inaccuracies are fixed.

If that is supposed to be part of the pretest, either it will be a
very long pretest or we will not be able to finish the review in time
for the release.

Also, the multi-tty and the new font backend are still not documented
in the ELisp manual.  I'm (slowly) working on the former, and will
probably get it done soon enough, but I can surely use some help with
the latter.