Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:49:50 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> Additionally, how about having a key for rgrep (and lgrep, too)?  For
>> instance, how about C-x d for rgrep? (Assuming C-x C-f effectively
>> obsoletes M-x dired)
>
> Of course, removing old bindings is no-no, but fortunately we have
> a spare key prefix map M-g for grep commands.

Nice idea:

M-g l => lgrep
M-g r => rgrep
M-g f -> grep-find
M-g e -> grep

Only _really_ annoying issue is that gnus has rebound M-g,
taking away this useful prefix.  I'm hit by that very frequently.

Alternatively, C-x g is also unbound - so we could use that
as a general grep/search prefix instead of M-g.