Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:52:09 +0200

>   > Nice idea:
>   >
>   > M-g l => lgrep
>   > M-g r => rgrep
>
> These are nice
>
>   > M-g f -> grep-find
>   > M-g e -> grep
>
> But these don't seem very useful for most users given the 2 above, if
> the user really really knows he wants to use these, they know how to do
> their own bindings.  And we don't want to spend to use too many key
> bindings for "grep" related things, there might be other useful things
> to bind.

I agree, we should keep more key prefixes for other useful things.
So we can use only one prefix `M-g r' for all grep commands:

M-g r e         grep
M-g r l         lgrep
M-g r r         rgrep
M-g r f         grep-find

M-g M-r M-e     grep
M-g M-r M-l     lgrep
M-g M-r M-r     rgrep
M-g M-r M-f     grep-find

All these key sequences are easy to type.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/