Re: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:38:56 +0900

>> a. preferences panel
>> b. alpha-component in color specification
>> c. color image for stipple (cf. tiling patch by Miles Bader)

> Wouldn't we want some of these for non-NS systems?

> [Especially the alpha component]

Yes.  I'd encourage to make a uniform specification/interface toward
Emacs 23.2 or later, in order to avoid compatibility problems in
future.  The current alpha-comonent spec in NS is incompatible with
that of XRenderParseColor for example, and such things happen if
platform-independence is not in mind from the beginning.

Even with the uniform spec, there are some glitches in the NS
implementation as reported to the Emacs.app devel list.  So, it's a
good chance to defer the bug fixes for the alpha-component support by
dropping it so as to allocate more time for more important fixes at
this timing.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden