Re: line-move-visual

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:35:49 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > We already have a feature that is close to that:
 >
 >   Options->Customize Emacs->New Options
 >
 > It asks for an old version, and presents a Customize buffer with all
 > options changed or introduced since that version.

This is good, but the crucial feature that improves discoverability is
the ability for the user to identify changes to classic behavior,
which is not necessarily all the new options.  Presumably the majority
of options that appear here relate to behavior of newly added
libraries, that don't represent a change to existing behavior.

Also, that must be a pretty big set of options if you compare, say, v
23 to v 21.