Re: Color themes

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Color themes
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:48:28 +0300

> I am thinking about if each buffer is an icon, how to make sure they
> look like, for example, tango by using the 28 colors in its style
> guide only.

Color themes and palettes are different things but both are useful.
A color theme redefines every face individually whereas a palette
reduces them to a list of predefined colors.

Actually, Emacs already has palette support on text-only terminals
with a small number of colors with the help of the function
`tty-color-approximate' that finds the closest color among the
known colors.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/