Re: New sync'd branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New sync'd branch
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:04:41 -0400

>> - Changes on the 23 branch need to be sync'd to the trunk.  As long as
>> we haven't switched to Bzr, that means we need Miles to do the sync
>> for us.  Miles, could you do that?
>> refers to.  Miles?  What's your verdict?
> Uh, I guess so... well, I'm willing to try, anyway.

You don't seem too enthusiastic.  Maybe another option would be to
make the Emacs-24 branch not in CVS but directly in Git (from where it
will be eventually turned into a Bzr branch).
- this way, syncing from the Emacs-23 branch (i.e. the CVS trunk) should
  be easy and can be done by anyone at any time: Miles is off the hook.
- the conversion to Bzr won't be affected (and the history and merging
  will be preserved).
- the Emacs-23 branch will still be the Emacs trunk, so it will
  hopefully still see a lot of testing.
- the downside of course is that people who want to work on or play with
  the Emacs-24 branch will need to learn to use Git.

How does that sound?

        Stefan