64-bit compilation and printfs

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: 64-bit compilation and printfs
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:46:27 -0400

In the course of getting the NS port compiling in 64-bit mode, some other developers and myself discovered some format - arg mismatches in printfs. XINT and XUINT return EMACS_INT which can be a long under LP64. I'd like to replace places that use %d in the code with %ld, and cast the argument to (long) to avoid issues in 32-bit mode. This has been checked in for the NS port; the patch attached here does this in common code. Does anyone think this should be done differently? Else I'll check it in as well.

thanks,
Adrian