Re: Listing branches with bzr

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: Listing branches with bzr
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:20:39 -0700

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is there a bzr command to show all the branches in the master
>> repository?  I couldn't find such a command.  "bzr tags" comes the
>> closest, but it only shows the tags that were used to start each
>> branch, not the branch names.
>
> I don't know of one -- I just use the loggerhead browser for this
> (though switching UIs to do a listing is not ideal, of course).

To my surprise:

bzr branches http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/

works.  I thought this command needed a smart server, but apparently
not.  It is part of the bzrtools plugins package.

It might be faster to fire up a web browser and take a look at
loggerhead though.  On my netbook the above command takes 1 minute 44
seconds, on a fairly well connected network.

Jason