Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:51:01 +0200

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:50:34 -0500, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2009, at 17:16, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> If your local branch is not bound, then you can "bzr push" it.  You
>> can ignore the slightly misleading message "bzr push" will show.  For
>> some reason bzr treats tags in a special way reports that "no
>> revisions have been pushed", but the tag is installed in the remote
>> repository as one would expect.
>
> Well, a tag isn't a separate revision, is it?  So the message is
> accurate, if misleading.  Perhaps bzr *should* treat tags specially in
> that pushing them upstream should be noted, or at least the "no
> revisions pushed" message could be suppressed or altered.

Yes, the message is accurate, but still misleading because *some* sort
of change *has* been propagated from one place to another.

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:40:42 +0100, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> bzr should at least say that a tag was pushed, as a confirmation that
> the upstream branch was changed.  It should also confirm when a tag
> was downloaded.

My point exactly.  I feel a bit 'odd' when things are downloaded or
pushed without any sort of notice.  Especially if they are important
parts of the branch history like tags.

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:40:24 +0100, Christian Faulhammer <address@hidden> wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/164450

Ok, this is nice.  The bzr developers will update the client when the
bug is fixed :-)