Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Equivalent of release tags with bzr?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:16:18 +0200

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:10:00 -0500, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> With CVS, I would tag each pretest with a cvs tag, with
> `cvs tag EMACS_PRETEST_XX_YY_ZZ'.  Now that we have moved to Bzr, what
> should be the corresponding procedure?

You can just run "bzr tag EMACS_PRETEST_XX_YY_ZZ".  This will not show
up as a commit in the history, but the new tags will be visible in the
output of "bzr tags".

If the branch you tagged is a _bound_ branch, the tag will be sent to
the remote branch too.

If your local branch is not bound, then you can "bzr push" it.  You can
ignore the slightly misleading message "bzr push" will show.  For some
reason bzr treats tags in a special way reports that "no revisions have
been pushed", but the tag is installed in the remote repository as one
would expect.