Re: Potential copyright problem in EIEIO improvement

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Potential copyright problem in EIEIO improvement
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:45:01 -0500

    So in order to derive GPLed code from the GPLed Open Dylan code and
    assign the copyright of the new code to the FSF, the Open Dylan authors
    have to sign papers.

Right.  However, it would be obnoxious to ask them to assign their
copyright to the FSF, because they didn't intend it as a contribution
to GNU Emacs.  Therefore, we must not ask.  That puts us in a bit of a
bind.

So I will ask our lawyers if it is ok if we use taht Dylan code
without getting papers for it.  Now I know all the facts I need to
tell them.

Thanks.